Gia Gigolashvili, a genomics consultant and candidate in biological sciences, graduated from the Biology Department of Tbilisi State University. Since then, he has worked as an associate scientist in various departments of the S. Durmishidze Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, in the Department of Molecular Genetics, in the Nucleic Acids and Biological Oxidation Laboratories.
- Gordeziani M., adamia G., khatisashvili G., Gigolashvili G. Programmed cell self-liquidation (apoptosis) (Review), Annals of Agrarian Science Volume 15, Issue 1, March 2017, Pages 148-154 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S151218871630029X
- Adamia G., Chogovadze M., Chokheli L.,Gigolashvili G., Gordeziani M.,Khatisashvili G., Kurashvili M., Pruidze M., Varazi T. – About possibility of alga Spirulina application for phytoremediation of water polluted with 2,4,6-trinitrotoluene. Annals of Agrarian Science Volume 16, Issue 3, September 2018, Pages 348-351
- Kurashvili M., Varazi T., Khatisashvili G., Gigolashvili G., Adamia G., Pruidze, M., Gordeziani M., Chokheli L.,Japharashvili S., Khuskivadze N. – Blue-green alga Spirulina as a tool against water pollution by 1,1′-(2,2,2-trichloroethane-1,1- diyl)bis(4-chlorobenzene) (DDT)). Annals of Agrarian ScienceVolume 16, Issue 4, December 2018, Pages 405-409
- M. Kurashvili, G. Adamia, T. Varazi, G.Khatisashvili, G. Gigolashvili, M.Pruidze, L. Chokheli, S. Japharashvili – Application of Blue-green Alga Spirulina for removing Caesium ions from polluted water – Annals of Agrarian Science 2019 (in press)
- I. Tabagari , M. Kurashvili, T. Varazi, G.Adamia, G. Gigolashvili, M. Pruidze, L.Chokheli, G. Khatisashvili, P.v.F.Niemsdorff – Application of Arthrospira (Spirulina)platensis against Chemical Pollution of Water – Water 2019, 11(9), 1759; https://doi.org/10.3390/w11091759
The following patents were created with the participation of Gia Gigolashvili:
- Patent AU 2018 14736 – Method of cleaning water contaminated with 2,4,6-trinitrotoluene using blue-green algae Spirulina – Sakpatenti
- Patent AU 2018 14896 – A method of cleaning water contaminated with dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) using blue-green algae spirulina – Sakpatenti
From 2002-2018, Gia Gigolashvili won a number of scientific grant competitions. The latest grant is related to the development of a new technology to clean up chemically polluted waters using the blue-green algae, spirulina.
Since 2020, he has been a Genomics consultant at the Center for Biomedical Research and Genetic Diagnostics.